Monday 10 October 2016

Durga Puja: 5 Days, 5 Sarees Challenge

Durga Maa
Ever since the Dengue and Chickengunia have made it to the list of epidemics plaguing Delhi (others being rape and road rage etc.), I have started burning coconut husk and dhuno (Frankincense) in the evenings to banish mosquitoes.

It is something my grandmothers, aunts and mum would use in the evening for puja.

With the rains finally leaving us alone, the weather has taken a turn for the pleasant.

Blue as the water and the skies
Source: Pinterest


The combined mood-spinners - clear skies with wiffs of white clouds and profusion of white and aromatic orange-stemmed Shiuli flowers blossoming in my ma's garden - Durga Pujo time is here folks!

So, without wasting any more time - here is my wish list for Pujo shopping:
From Sushmita's wardrobe!
Source: Pinterest

Tangail Saree
Source: Pinterest
Konkona in Purple with dhoop-chaon border
Source: Pinterest
Red\Khadi
Source: Pinterest

Well for those of you who do not like ethnic Indian there is a whole world of fashion out there. But, for the likes of me, give me a 5 days - 5 sarees challenge and I am happy!!!






My Haul this year! :)

But, for those of you who like to swing a suit. Here are some ideas:
Courtesy, Banwarey
Black
Source: Pinterest



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the post and commenting. Please come back for more.