Wednesday 27 July 2016

Fifteen Great Ideas to do up Your Small Balcony

I love to be out in the open. I know that Delhi is polluted and dry with unfriendly seasons. But, that does not deter me. I still love to wander around and also sit outside. I don't mind spending a little bit of time everyday in natural surroundings.

After all, you can cover it a little and hide it from direct heat and dust or even prying eyes if it's out in the open.
1
I hate air conditioners and feel that they are a necessary evil thanks to Delhi Summers that are relentless. I wish it would not be so aggressive neither winters such killers or eating dinner out with family would have had a different meaning altogether.

2
But, I love siting out early in the morning or in the evenings. Having a cup of chai outside while waiting for the cows come home could be one of my top 10 pass times.

3
There is this whole dream of mine that includes a happy place in the open where I can sit in the Sun during winters and watch the rains in Monsoons. I want to spend hours there reading, chatting, talking to friends and family...

I keep thinking of it as my secret place. Maybe, even a secret garden.

4
5
I think plants. Lots of plants, hidden or dimmed lights and restful spaces. I think of blossoming flowers and chubby succulents.
6

7
8

9
I think of colors. I love bold colors. Maybe a swing and some paintings on the wall.
10
11
Maybe a desk where I can sit and work. Wouldn't it be kickass?
12
Or entertain close friends!

13
Last week I thought of start work on designing one and here are some great ideas I came across. I thought of sharing them with all of you out here in case you want to do up yours too.

14
Happy designing your patios and varandah / balcony!
15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the post and commenting. Please come back for more.